Friday, February 4, 2011

Not as Bad as I Thought............

Well peeps, I did make it to my meeting last night.  I did gain 1.2 pounds.  My weight is currently at 188.6 pounds, which is a total of 27.2 pounds lost.  That is about the same since I stopped posting way back in November.  Not bad!  I thought it would be worse! 

Coincidentally, the topic of last nights meeting was, OBSTACLES!  How do we get through them?  How do we let them affect us?  For me, I ignore it.  I am a master of not thinking about it.  I can go through life not addressing any problem because I am pushing it down!  I realized last night, I was ignoring my plan, my eating, my exercising because I didn't want to address it.  Didn't want to think about the days where I ate out every, single meal.  The four nights of McDonald's, the endless cappuccinos, the chips, the pop, the everything! And then being mad when the scale went up, not down!  Even though I knew why, I was just ignoring the problem! 

I realized last night, I can't do that anymore.  I am cheating myself.  If I don't start paying attention RIGHT NOW, THIS MINUTE!  I am going to fail.  I am going to quit.  I can recognize it.  Before, it would be a relief to me but now it is disappointment.  Not only am I letting down myself, I am letting down my children, my husband and my friends here on my blog and in my life.  I want to be an inspiration!  A success story!  I CAN DO IT!

So anyway after the meeting I was supposed to go to dance but I needed to go home to pick up Jordy from Tae Kwon Do.  (20 minutes away)   I got to TKD and picked him up, ran home, dropped him off with Dad and Lexi and left to go to dance.  I wasn't even 10 minutes out of town before I noticed I was out of gas!  I made it back home, but we had no moolah left! We don't get paid until midnight on Thursdays!  I was bummed out.  I missed last weeks class because I was working and I really wanted to go to this weeks.  I didn't let it get to me though!  I wanted to munch on nachos (seriously craving them lately) but I didn't.  I had leftover mashed potatoes and a chicken breast.  Afterwards, I tidied up a bit and went to bed.

I did make my meal plan this morning and I am going grocery shopping tonight for it! I am also going to the gym with a couple of friends of mine. 

I have made a commitment to work out 5 days a week as well.  I am not going to let myself forget or ignore.  I need to be aware everyday so I don't fall into that trap again.  I'm just grateful that this time I realized what I was doing before it was too late.

Till next time Blogland!  

BTW - Love you too Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment