Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Decisions, decisions.........

First of all I want to say thank you to all the wonderful comments people left for me on Facebook.  They are so motivating and I am really appreciative of them! 

Today was an eventful day.  I made sure I planned ahead this morning because I had a court appt.  (nothing bad, just family related).  I got up early made a healthy breakfast, grabbed a V8, a plum and my trusty bottle of water and headed out the door.  When we got to the courthouse there was no parking (uh oh) and then when we got in there was so many people there!  Literally, absolutely standing room only.   I had my book and my family so we waited........and waited...........and waited some more.  I ate the plum, drank the V8 and finished 2 bottles of water. (1 litre)  Lunch rolled around and there were still about 20 - 25 people waiting to go in.  I was STARVING! Finally the judge announced a ten min lunch break!  My mom and sis wanted a coffee, so we drove to Tim's and the whole time I was thinking, "What the heck can I eat there?"  I didn't want any coffee but I wanted something (DOUGHNUTS, TIMBITS).   When we got to the window, I ordered low fat vanilla yogurt and berries and a whole wheat bagel with no fat cream cheese.  It was easy saying no to myself.  I expected this huge inner battle and I just decided no!  Small victory for me!  WOOT!  We got back to the courthouse and I ate my yogurt and half the bagel and felt satisfied!

It really got me thinking about decisions and choices.  We all have a choice.  Easy way or hard way?  Ignore the problem or confront it?  Eat a whole box of Timbits and a Boston creme and feel like sh*t about yourself or make a healthy choice and feel proud?  I'm trying to take this journey one day at a time.  Some days will be easy (like this one) and some will be hard.  But as long as I remember that I have the power over my decisions and nothing or nobody else does, I know I will do OK.

I did get a few comments about the gym situation and was just informed that Curves makes you sign a year long contract so that's out!  I am seriously considering a dance class of some sort?  Maybe hip hop?  I got a booty!  LOL.  Also, I think I will look into Fitness on the Go and once I get used to their machines and how they work, I might just join the gym in town!  We shall see.  Definitely gonna keep walking though.  Went for an hour and a half tonight after supper and I feel great!

Thanks again for all the awesome comments!  You guys are great! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love!

    And I would go with belly dancing... so much fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way, chrys, you just have to take it one meal at a time!!!

    What about Tae Kwan Do? You used to enjoy that, and I could see a difference in the pictures from then. I was thinking of taking it myself once I dropped about 20 lbs. Of baby.

    ReplyDelete