Friday, August 20, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Excuses

Today was extremely busy day!  As I mentioned yesterday we were having a travelling day.  I made sure we went to bed early so I got plenty of sleep.  I also packed a lot of healthy travelling snacks (apple, plum, carrots, rice crackers, and almonds) and plenty of water.  I find when I am driving I tend to munch on gas station goodies so I was really glad I packed healthy!  We stopped for lunch at Subway and I had a 6" Veggie Delight on 9 grain whole wheat with tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and green peppers with mustard and low fat mayo. (5 points)  It was so good and filling. 

We arrived at our destination and went to go school clothes shopping.  I was really nervous about being at a mall because we always stop and eat at the food court and always get little treats from the specialty shops.  We ended up walking for about 3 hours and my feet were so sore.  I also left my water in the van so I ended up being really thirsty.  After 3 hours I was done!  My feet were sore, I was thirsty and starving.  I was really grouchy and tired.  Then we went to the food court.  I really felt like giving in.  I really wanted to eat whatever but I told myself NO!  Just because I was grouchy I wasn't going to let that be my excuse to eat unhealthy.  I found the healthiest option which was Kyroro Korean BBQ.  I had a plain BBQ chicken breast salad, no dressing and a bottle of water.  Which was a total of 6 points.  Super good and I felt full.  

When we got back to my dad's he had a cake for Jord's BD.  I looked at the NV and took a quarter of an inch of cake which ended up being 2 points.  I was really proud of myself!  I didn't let any excuses get in my way of my goals and I am finished with letting bad days and hurt feelings be my excuse to eat unhealthy!  

Well I guess I should go to bed now!  Another busy day tomorrow.  Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment