Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NSV (Non Scale Victory)

Today was a really good day.   I stayed on point and walked to and from work today which was about 45 minutes.  In the afternoon, I started feeling a little cranky.  I had a headache and my pinky toe has this monstrous blister!  I started thinking there was no way I would be able to go for my walk tonight and I started getting down on myself.

I was trying to figure out what else I could do when I remembered my cousin saying she really liked Aquafit.  Aquafit is from 8 to 9 on Wednesdays and Mondays where I live.  I had a huge mental argument with the "Other Chrys". (I guess I'm a little crazy LOL)  The "Other Chrys" hates trying new things,  does not want to come out of her shell, is so freaking shy it's paralyzing and above all things absolutely hates being seen in a swimsuit.  "What would people think of you?" she said.  "What are you trying to prove?" she said.  "You know you should just give up because you aren't gonna do it anyway." she said.  You know what the Real Chrys said?  She told that b*tch to shut the f*ck up!  I know I can do this!  

I am going to do this!  If that means I have to try new things and meet new people that's what I am going to do.  I am starting to realize that this journey is not only about being healthy, it's also about becoming the woman I want to be.  Someone who isn't shy, who is outgoing and who is always first to try new things!  So I went to Aquafit, I put on my swimsuit and I went into the pool!  There were people there.  I didn't care what they thought. (If they thought anything) and I tried my best to do the moves!  Halfway through I realized I was having fun!   I will go again on Monday although that's the last class :(
and I will start looking for something else to do.  Best of all, I got a good workout!  I can feel it!  I will probably be sore tomorrow but that's OK. 

BTW, tomorrow is weigh in day at WW.  So we will see!  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment