Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wow....

Ok, so in my last post I admitted to signing up for WW.    I went to my first meeting and signed up on Thursday and I was a bit nervous.  I didn't really know what to expect.  It was early when I arrived and got registered.  There were only a few people there and they were all way older than me.  I was wishing there was somebody I knew there and just as I thought that, a girl I went to high school with showed up and she was signing up too!  Another lady walked in from dance (my daughter is in dance)  and she was signing up too!  I was so happy there were people I knew and my age there, I took it as a sign this is going to be good.  We went through the meeting which was about being flexible.  How we shouldn't let a bump along the way knock us off the wagon and if we go over our points or make a mistake that it is OK.  Tomorrow is another day!  When our leader Alice spoke about that, I totally got what she was saying.  Every time I try to lose weight I go overboard with doing it "right".  Trying to be perfect.  When I screw up, which I always do, I quit.  I throw in the towel and jump right off that wagon into a pile of sh*t.
Then because I screw up, I give myself permission to binge like crazy!  Sugar and take out and whatever else I can eat.  Obviously doing it "right" or being perfect isn't working for me.  So, I am going to take this one day at a time.  Baby steps.

Today was day 2 and everything went well.  I was 2 points over today and only because I had an extra glass of 1% milk.  I got all my fruits and veggies in and drank 4 litres of water.  I even went for an hour long walk with my husband and I also walked to work in the morning.  Today I feel good about my choices and myself. 

Now I'm off to read some other blogs and invite my family and friends to read this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment