Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finding Time

Whew! First of all, I am still here and on track!  Things have been crazy busy for me lately with work and getting kids back to school.  It is so hard to find time for myself!  I was hoping to be able to update daily but realistically it will be every few days!  One of the things I have been sticking to is making sure I go for a walk every night.   I usually go for an 1 1/2 but even if I get in a half hour I feel good. 

I found some really awesome recipes on the Heart and Stroke Foundation's website.  They were so good!  I tried to link the recipes but am having troubles so if you are interested go to the website and look up Chicken and Sweet Potato Mash and Chicken and Sweet Potato Pizza.   I am going to keep using the site for supper, lunch, snack ideas. 

In my last post I talked about joining a gym and I made up my mind to  do it.  I am having a bit of a dilemma about which one to choose.  Our town has a small gym that is old and dingy, no AC and not many staff.   The gym 2o minutes away in the next town is awesome!!  Experienced staff, classes, great hours, new equipment....etc.  It is the gym I want to go to but because I only go to the next town 3 days a week and one of those days is for my WW meetings and dance class, is it worth paying for the membership?  I'm not sure.  I really want to but am still conflicted.  What do you think?  Any suggestions or ideas? 

Last week I had an appt. with a nutritionist about some supplements and the conclusion was I would not be taking any!  Too many conflicting studies and some not approved by the FDA in Canada.  I will be taking Vitamin D and Calcium but that is all.  While I was there we talked about the Canada Food Guide and I was surprised at how many servings we are supposed to get in a day.  Such as Dairy for female adults my age is 2 servings and the same with meat.  I have made a commitment to myself and my family that we will now be eating according to the CFG.  I have also given up candy and junkfood for myself and kids.  I will not allow it into the house at all!  Which only makes me happy!  Not hubby or the kids but they will get used to it.   My goal is to help my children know how to make healthy choices for themselves when they get older.  Fruit and veggies aren't your enemy!!!  

Just wanted to let you all know I am still here and still fighting! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had that committment to the junk food. Well, I do, but I can't get Travis to agree. As far as the gym goes, what does it cost? Maybe there is an aquafit class at the pool or something that would be less expensive. Work out the cost per visit and see if the aquafit or maybe swimming lessons would be cheaper.

    As far as people seeing you in your swimming stuff, don't worry about that. If someone is bound and determined to think poorly of you, they will do it regardless of how you look. They will just find something else to judge you about and you can't really control that. Just worry about yourself.

    Besides, I know you and it wouldn't hurt to gain some confidence in the water if you decide to take swimming lessons, and also, aquafit is fun and not so sweaty as "real" exercising. And also, the committment would be shorter.

    ReplyDelete