Sunday, August 15, 2010

How many points?

Today I was making breakfast and was trying to figure out my points for today.  I am finding that by the end of the day, I don't have enough points and I feel like I am overeating to compensate for that.  Even though the choices I make are healthy, I don't want to feel stuffed after eating.  I am allowed 29 points for the day and I have 35 points extra I can use for the week if I need or want to.  So I am going to try to balance those 29 points so I eat more for breakfast and lunch and not so much for supper.    The most surprising thing for me so far is how different you feel when choosing healthy, filling foods.  The old Chrys wouldn't even eat breakfast in the morning, just drink coffee until lunch, than have a huge lunch but be hungry again by 3 o'clock.  Then I would munch on whatever I had at work and be starving for supper.  It wasn't unusual to be continually eating from lunch until bed time!  Not a big surprise that I always had heartburn or stomach problems! 

This is what I had for breakfast this morning,
1/2 cup of no fat yogurt, 1 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, 1 slice of 12 grain whole grain bread, 1 poached egg. 


That gave me a total of 5 points and was really good!  Better than eating nothing in the am. I also love coffee so much but I have limited myself to one cup a day which is usually 2 points if I make it at home.  My mom brought me a med double double last night and I saved it for this morning but it has 4 points!  Which is OK.  Everything in moderation!  I didn't gain all this weight overnight and it is going to take slow, baby steps to lose it all. 

I haven't really decided what I want my goal weight to be yet.  My leader Alice said it is too early to decide that.  I know for my height my weight range should be 117 lbs - 146 lbs.  All I know is it would be nice to get out of the two hundreds! 

When I was looking at other blogs, people had pics of themselves that they would progress with monthly, which I think would be a good idea.  Warning the below images are not suitable for everybody. Viewer discretion is advised!  Ha ha.


Me from the front, 215.8 lbs (I double checked my book and saw at my weigh in that I was a pound off)

Me from behind.  I hate this picture!  Blagh!

Me from the side.

So there you have it.  I was brave enough to put picks up.  I will post new pics every month so we can track my progress.  Well I guess I better go and do some housework and shopping.  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment