Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Colds Suck

I have a cold.  A mild cold.  No stuffiness, small aches and pains and a sore throat.  The question I am now faced with is, "Should I go for my run tonight?"  Today is supposed to be the second day of my C25K Challenge and I really want to go, but I don't want to over do it.  Do you work out when you are sick?  I did some research on line and this is what I found.
Working out while sick 
Looks like you can if you have a mild cold.  Cardio is best but take it easy.  Do not work out if you are fevered or nauseous.  Since I have a mild cold, I am still going to go tonight.  I will take it easy.  

After my run on Monday I did not do any stretching.  Oops!  I guess you are supposed to stretch after every run or exercise.  The research I did said you should stretch these areas after a run:  calf, hamstring, quadriceps, and lower back.  If you go to Stretching Exercises you should be able to find the info on how to do these safely.  I will be doing these tonight after my run and will see if I feel any different. 

My daughter's first round of dance classes was last night and while there I was checking the other classes and the Beg. Adult Hip Hop class that I signed up for was cancelled!  Shoot!  So I did the adventurous thing and signed up for the advanced.  Yikes!  I spoke with the instructor and she said it should be fine.  I won't be the only beginner there so that's good.  I will let you all know how that goes.  Tomorrow is also WI day at WW.  I am feeling good about it!  Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment