Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Think I Can.............

Weight Watchers Quote of the Day

Use your weekly POINTS Allowance.  It can help to keep the plan interesting and livable.
For anyone who isn't aware of WW's terminology I will break it down for you.  Every single thing you eat or drink is worth points.  You can calculate them by using your points finder.  (You receive one when you join WW)  You are allowed a certain number of points throughout the day.  You calculate that by doing a little quiz.  I will show you mine for an example:

  1. What do you weigh? 
    Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in pounds.  Since mine was 215.8 you would then enter 21.  The first 2 digits of your weight.
  2. Are you male or female? Add 2 points if you are female or 8 points if you are male.
  3. How old are you? 
    17-26 Add 4 points
    27-37 Add 3 points
    38-47 Add 2 points
    48-58 Add 1 point
    Over 58 Add 0 points
  4. How tall are you?
    Under 5'1" - Add 0 points
    5'1" - 5'10" - Add 1 point
    Over 5'10" - Add 2 points
  5. Do you spend most of your workday:
    Sitting down? - Add 0 points
    Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing? - Add 2 points
    Walking? - Add 4 points
    Doing physically hard work? - Add 6 points
  6. For nursing moms only, are you:
    Solely breastfeeding?  Add 10 points
    Supplementing breast feeding with some solid foods and formula?  Add 5 points
So my score sheet looks like this:
1.  21
2.  2
3.  3
4.  1
5.  2
6.  0
    29 points/day was what I was allowed.

So to recap that.  Everyone is allowed a certain amount of points/day.  Mine was 29 when I started (it is 28 now)  and everyone is allowed 36 points to use throughout the week.  I use my extra points for a treat every now and then or for something impromptu.  Or for when you know you may overeat.  ie:  family suppers, holidays, going to the bar, things like that. 
The goal is to stay on track.  If you eat your daily points/day and do nothing else, you WILL lose weight.  It goes hand in hand with making healthy choices.  The extra points for the week is so you don't feel deprived or like you are on a diet.  Everyone is allowed to have a treat or whatever every now and then.  Moderation is key.  You CAN NOT role your points over into the next week.  It is 36/week and if you don't use them by the time the week is up they are done!  You start out the next week with 36 points. 

I really like the way WW program is run.  It basically teaches you how to eat healthy, make healthy choices and stay on track.  The support that you get from the other members is so awesome, it really keeps you on track.  Sometimes when I am having a crappy week I tell myself to hang on until the meeting and after that meeting I am ready to tackle another week!  I have a friend who is considering going and I really hope she does!  I know you will enjoy it whatever your goal is!  Please come!  I'll be cheering you on!

Sorry if I sound like an add for Weight Watchers today but after trying so many times to lose weight and get healthy it is so exciting to find something that actually works!!! Weight Watchers does work!!!!  I'm proof of it! 

I did get up and go for my run again today.  It was really windy but I finished.  I need to find a sports clothing stores and get some running clothes.  I've read that you need to have moisture flicking clothes and I would like to get a coat with some sort of reflective material so I don't get run over.  I will be visiting my dad for Thanksgiving this year so I will definitely be stopping at the Running Room for shoes and etc.   I have made a decision to run a 5k next year and I would like to get some information from them as well. 

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I feel confident that I will have a loss.  Hope to be at my 10% goal tomorrow but realistically I think that will be next week.  I'm still doing great and hanging in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment