Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Motivation

I was reading some of the blogs I follow today and the theme of them seems to be motivation.  Over at think.stew he had a good list and I am going to copy his idea.  So what/who motivates me?  That is a hard question.  It seems like it should be easy to answer but it's not.  I'm gonna put my thinking cap on and give it a shot.
  1. My children.
  2. My husband.
  3. My dad.
  4. 266  (if you get a chance go and check her out, very inspiring woman)
  5. Shopping at not plus sized stores
  6. Shopping at plus sized stores
  7. My health
  8. Dancing
  9. Summer
  10. Wearing a swimsuit
  11. Running
  12. Double Double
  13. McDonald's
  14. Smiling
  15. Receiving a smile
  16. Laughter
  17. Good comments
  18. Negative comments
  19. My meetings at Weight Watchers
  20. Carol V
  21. Being told I can't do something
  22. Proving I can
  23. Gumption
  24. Fear
  25. Sex
There you have it.  My list of motivations.  It will change day to day I'm sure.  Another person that motivates me is skinnyhollie.  She is an amazing woman.  No matter how many times she fails ( I hate that word), she acknowledges it and moves on.  She is the first weight loss blog I read and it was her posts that gave me the courage to do something about my weight.  It is so hard to do this and I don't think anyone really understands unless they are doing it too. 

I had the whole 3 day weekend off this time and it was awesome!  On Saturday I had my niece and nephew over and after breakfast and some cleaning we all went to the Wilderness Park.  It was amazing!  I have lived in this area for 15+ plus years and this was the first time I have ever been out there.  We had a blast.  We walked around the whole park and had a picnic.  We ended up walking for about 3 hours out there.  It was such a beautiful day too and I will definitely be heading out there again.  Sunday was spent grocery shopping and cleaning.  I did get in a good walk with my hubby too.  It was nice to be able to spend time with him, without the kids.  We hardly ever get to do that.  Reminds me why I married him :)

Monday was the big cleaning day.  Laundry, basement and our bedroom were all tackled.  I went through my closet and completely cleaned it out.  It was a big job!  I haven't even gone through it for a few years.  Just kept throwing things in there and slamming the doors shut!  I had to clean it out because I couldn't even shut the doors anymore.  I was amazed at all the stuff I found in there.  While going through it I found so many clothes I can't wait to wear again!  I know I will soon.  I even gave stuff away that was too big for me now.  I was thinking I should keep it just in case!?  Just in case what?  I give up?  I quit?  I knew right then that I was gonna do this.  I put them in a bag and am taking them to the Salvation Army today.  I know I am not going to need them anymore, so I might as well give them away.  Cleaning out my closet made me remember me before.  Before the weight took over me and I began feeling like crap.  I remembered wearing those clothes and being happy.  Actually caring about how I looked.  Trying to do my hair!  Shaving!  Making an effort in my appearance!  Even wearing makeup (GASP) sometimes!  Cleaning out those layers of clothes made me start to peel back my layers.  I actually am starting to feel good about myself and confident.  My hubby commented the other day about how he is starting to notice a change already.  I asked him to clarify because I haven't noticed that I look different.  He said it's the way you carry yourself!  You stand tall instead of slouch.  Your happier than you've been in a while and I see the real you now.  Now my hubby isn't an emotional, mushy kind of guy, when he said that, it made me feel great! 

After cleaning out my closet, I started the first day of the Couch Potato to 5K Challenge.  I downloaded it onto my iPod and off I went.  The first day was hard, but I expected it to be.  I completed it and felt great!  My legs don't even hurt today!  Day two is tomorrow, so I will keep you posted.   When I was waiting for the minute to be up,  I thought about what Adrienne (a woman from WW) said at the last meeting, "Not everyone gets up and goes for a run when its 40 below."  She said that makes her feel better.  She's right.  Not everyone gets up to even go for a run.  Not everyone can do this.  It takes a certain mindset, a feeling of enough is enough, to get up and do something about losing weight.  What keeps me going is WW meetings, encouragement from my family and friends, and other blogs.  It helps knowing that I am not the only one out there struggling.  That we can all do this if we put our minds to it. 

So I want to know, what keeps you motivated?  What was your enough is enough moment?  We are all in this together.  I will offer encouragement, advice when needed and please do the same for me.  Till next time fellow bloggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment