Monday, September 27, 2010

Good Thoughts

Weight Watchers Quote of the Day
If you find a path with obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
Wow!  The inspiring posts just keep on coming today!  Need some inspiration?  Want to join me on the weight loss bandwagon?  Go and check out these lovely ladies and get a heaping portion of motivation!  Just look on the side and click the links to 266, Ruminations and Destined for 150.  I never thought when I started that my main source of motivation would be from the blogs I read!  My family and friends are there cheering me on but it is really my blog friends that get me through a tough day. 

I ran today!  I started over on the C25K program today and it felt great!  It was tough but I didn't quit!  6 am came early though!  When the alarm went off I jumped out of bed, pushed the off switch and crawled back into bed and cuddled with my cat.  As I was snuggled up to my cat I started having a mental argument with myself.  I didn't want to get up and go.  I wanted to sleep another hour but I knew if I didn't push myself to get up that I wouldn't do it tonight.  I already know there is not enough time in the evenings to run.  So I got up!  I had laid out my workout clothes the night before so I wouldn't have to fumble in the dark.  I grabbed my clothes, threw my hair in a ponytail, ate an apple and a yogurt and left.   
It was dark and a bit chilly but I set out on my regular route and did it.  It was awesome!  I felt so great!  Running in the am is so great.  It's still quiet.  Not much traffic and most of the houses I passed were still dark.  It was just me and my ipod.  I love it.  I will be continuing the am run for sure! 

When I got back to the house I woke everyone else and did my stretches while making breakfast.  I feel great.  Better than I have any other mornings! 

While getting ready for work I was trying to find something to wear!  Seriously, I only have 1 pair of pants that fit nice that I can wear to work.  The rest are too big!  The shirts I have hang on me.  Before I started this journey I used to buy all my clothes big and baggy so I could hide my stomach and back rolls now I don't have any clothes that look good!  I am going to go through some of my small clothes and see what fits and I may go buy a couple pairs of jeans and a few not baggy shirts!

Congrats to all my blogging friends for staying on track and staying motivated.  A special shout out to 266 who is struggling on maintaining but admits her struggles with all of us and herself.  Go check her out! 

Being accountable to yourself and your friends is a hard thing to do.  It's easy to lie to yourself and to others but is it easy to know that you are?  Till next time fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment