Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interruptions..................

First of all, sorry for not posting yesterday!  Crazy day.  Let me tell you about it.  All was fine until I got a call from my sister.  Her and her boyfriend had gone out of town on Friday and spent the night in a hotel.  The next day she went to go and checkout and get her security deposit back.  Instead what happened was they had charged her for another night and security deposit.  She realized this when she got home.  (they were 2.5 hours away from the hotel)  She then called the hotel and they told her they would just put in back in her account.  So she waited and waited.  On Tuesday, she called me because the money was still not there.  I told her they can't just put it back in your account, they need your debit card for that! 

She was really upset (understandable) and now their vehicle wasn't working and she would not be able to get back to get her money back soon.  (she has 2 kids and really needed the money) She asked if she could borrow my van but she does not have her license and my mom's driving record is not great and has caused plenty of rows between me and my husband when I lend my mom the vehicle. 

I was really stuck in a rock and a hard place.  If I told my mom no she would be mad at me and most likely hubby.  If I loaned mom the van, guaranteed I would not have a pleasant night with my hubby.  I was really torn.  I wanted to help but how could I?  I ended up finding someone to work the afternoon for me and drove my sister myself. 

We got to the hotel and it took an hour to clear things up.  In the end she ended up getting all of her money back, including the fee for the night she was there!

I had a great time with her.  It was the first time in 8 years that we got to hang out.  (we had some difficult times in the past which I will not talk about here)  We did some shopping, went for dinner, bitched about our parents (no one understands your parents like a sibling) and just had a great time.  It was a blessing to spend time with her and have such fun doing it!  All my other siblings live far away and I never get to see them.  Her and my relationship has been so strained in the past few years but I really felt like we reconnected and that was so nice.  Thanks Ang!  You are awesome!

The impromptu trip threw me off my game though!  I didn't get to yoga last night and I got home so late (11:30) that I also didn't go on my run this morning.  I am going after work though.  I brought my running clothes so I don't have any excuses!  I also went way over my points yesterday which pisses me off.  The culprits were the 2 coffees I had.  (8 points)  We also went to Moxie's for supper and I did make healthy choices but they have no nutritional information on-line.  While searching this is what I found:

We have attempted to collect nutrition information for this restaurant and received the following reply:

" Thank you for taking the time to inquire about Moxie's nutritional information.  Detailed nutritional information is becoming a more frequent request from our guests, and it is a challenge that we are not yet quite prepared to meet. At Moxie's, our ongoing philosophy is to constantly look for ways to improve the quality and value we offer our guests, and this results in recipes that are constantly evolving. The benefit of this approach is great food at great prices, but the downside is that we are unable to accurately track the changing nutritional information for the 300 or so recipes that we make every day. This is a project that we look forward to tackling in the future as we grow into a larger company, but it is not yet something we can manage."

Best regards, Moxie’s Home Office

Lame!  Not something they can manage?  Well I guess I will have to manage not eating there anymore.  Plenty of other restaurants put out their info, so they can too. 

I had to estimate the points for what I did eat there.  Hopefully they are close. 

Food Journal (October 19, 2010)
  • 1-12 grain bagel w/2tbs of light cream cheese - 7 points
  • 1 Lrg. Double Double - 4 points
  • 1 Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry Bar - 2 points
  • 1 Banana - 2 points
  • 11 almonds - 2 points
  • 6 sm. pieces of naan bread with mosaic dip (vegetarian dish w/ roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers and goat cheese)  5 points - estimate
  • 1/4 of roasted beet, pine nuts, goat cheese and arugula salad w/ a half chicken breast and vinaigrette - 4 points - estimate
  • 1 Lrg. French Vanilla - 4 points
Total Points = 36
18/36 Weekly points used so far!  Eek!  If I hadn't had given in to the coffee, I would've been OK!  Tomorrow is another day!

Exercise

None, unless walking around with shopping bags counts?  Maybe?  Probably not! LOL.....

No comments:

Post a Comment