Friday, October 8, 2010

Listening....

I am finally out of my slump.  Ever since I sprained my ankle on Monday I have been depressed.  I think it was a combination of having my period and spraining my ankle that led me to be in the dumps.  Today was the first day I woke up without feeling blagh.  Yeah me!

I was really bummed out about my ankle.  I did go to yoga on Tuesday but I didn't go to my dance class and I didn't run at all.  Listening to my body and not forcing myself to workout anyway was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  It feels a lot better today though.  I can actually put on a shoe and walk without a limp today.  I just have to be careful how I turn it.  I will work out on the elliptical tomorrow and we are going to go swimming so that should be nice.  I hope I will be able to run on Monday because I really miss it.

I lost this week!  Even though I was depressed and couldn't exercise, I managed to not overeat!  I did have a cookie on Monday though and it was delish!

I lost 1.2 pounds which brings my total pounds lost to 19.6!  I am 1.4 pounds away from my 10% goal!  Hopefully with this next week I will make it! 

Thanksgiving is upon us and that could be a dangerous time for me.  I love to eat special dinners.  This time I am planning the meal and sticking to it.  No overeating for me!  This is what we plan to have:

Turkey (of course)
Stuffing  (made with low sodium chicken broth instead of butter)
Buns (from scratch)
Steamed carrots and green beans
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Baby greens salad
Gravy (none for me)
Cranberry sauce (not canned, I make mine from scratch)
No crust apple pie
Baked cinnamon pears with oat topping

Everything I make will be made with healthy ingredients instead.  Splenda in place of sugar and very limited butter.  Everything except the buns.  (Jeremy and the kids begged for 'normal' buns please!!!!!!!)  So I will be making regular buns.  I have decided to allow myself 12 points for this dinner.  I probably won't get in any exercise that day since I am making dinner but I will basically be on my feet all day. 

We will be going to my dads for Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to it.  I can't wait to go to the Running Room so I can get some new shoes! 

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Chrys

1 comment: